Each ingredient in this salad, contributes to a happy and healthy digestive tract. Your digestion will be singing with each spoonful.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pears, cubed
- 2 nectarines, cubed
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
Ginger mint glaze
- 1/4 cup unpasteurized honey *see note
- 4 fresh mint leaves, chopped [1 tbsp chopped]
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds, chopped
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl, and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
note: to make vegan, replace honey with date syrup, or agave nectar